Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Western Washington

After a quick stop in Salt Lake City, my latest trip took me to Western Washington. I am originally from Tacoma, WA so it was great for me to spend some of my down time with family and friends. It was a busy trip and rainy too, but what else would you expect in Seattle?

Washington is actually the #1 state that non-resident students at MSU come from! In fact, from the class of 2009 more than 160 entering freshman were from Washington State. The college fairs in this area were really busy and I met tons of excellent potential students for MSU. It was quite an ambitious schedule, and I traveled from Bellingham, WA all the way to Olympia, WA. Since there is so much interest in this area, I tried to host as many pizza parties as possible to accommodate all the students at high schools I couldn't fit into my busy schedule. I hosted pizza parties in Bellingham, Burien, Bellevue, Tacoma, Silverdale and Olympia. The largest pizza party was a toss up between Silverdale and Bellevue. Overall, this was an excellent trip. Many of the seniors had already applied for admission, and had great questions to ask!


One of my favorite parts of this trip is getting to ride on the Seattle ferry. I was fortunate enough to ride from Bainbridge Island to Seattle at night. The view of the city is amazing and I should have taken some photos, but I did not :( Oh well, there is always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment