Monday, August 24, 2009

Another weekend get away...



Despite a little rain in the forecast, I had myself a little adventure this weekend! Two of my friends and I decided that backpacking up to Hylite Lake followed by a short scurry up Hylite Peak would make a great Saturday night. So, we strapped on our packs, grabbed our dogs and hit the trail for a gorgeous 5.6 mile hike to Hylite Lake. On the way, we passed 11 waterfalls and saw splendid views of a glacially carved valley.
After we set up camp and rehydrated, we continued on another 2 miles through some snow and shale up to the highest peak in Hylite Valley. I did a little victory dance at the summit, sat on top of what felt like the world and thanked my lucky stars for Montana’s crazy mountain ranges. We woke up on Sunday to some rain so we headed out early. It rained the whole way out but we had fun getting muddy and hustling out to the trail head. My bathroom is currently covered in my still damp gear and cloths. What a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment