Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meet Hilja Mueller- MSU Admissions Representative


Name: Hilja Mueller
Hometown: Butte, MT
Major, minor and graduation year: I graduated from MSU with a major in Sociology and a minor in Psychology in May 2006.
Favorite classes at MSU: HDFN 221: Human Nutrition and SOC 304: Social Stratification
Where are you traveling? Central and Northern California, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.

As a student, where did you live?
My first year, I lived on campus in North Hedges on an all female floor. I really enjoyed living in the residence halls and met a ton of new friends! The next year, I moved into a condo near campus and then moved into a sorority for my last two years. I had a good variety of living situations and feel that living near or on campus helped me to stay connected.

What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I enjoy floating the Madison and Jefferson rivers. It is a great way to take in the beautiful Montana scenery and get a tan!

What is your favorite band/singer?
I am a huge country music fan! Some of my favorite artists are Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. I saw them both perform at the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse on the MSU campus.

What was your favorite freebee/discount as a student?
The Procrastinator Theater on campus is one ot the best deals around. The movies shown have already hit the regular movie theaters, but are not yet available to rent. Admission is $2 and at that price you can surely afford to procrastinate!

When you come to Bozeman be sure to...check out Main St. You will find many fantastic restaurants, shops and entertainment opportunities! My favorite eateries downtown are MacKenzie River Pizza and Aleworks. Both offer a good variety of menu options in a laid back, classy, "Bozeman-like" atmosphere. The Root and Hey Day are a couple places to check out for unique shopping experiences. The Emerson Cultural Center and Ellen Theater have various art, film and music events!

No comments:

Post a Comment